[ale] OO 2.3

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Sep 19 10:45:33 EDT 2007

Paul Cartwright, on 09/19/2007 10:20 AM said:
> I downloaded the openoffice 2.3.0 and unpacked it to a folder.
> So now I have a whole bunch of .deb files.
> it won't install because 2.2 is already installed. 2.2 is a whole bunch of
> packages, is there an easy way to replace the entire 2.2 with 2.3 ??
> I'm not real good with dpkg and the MAN pages.. well, you know:)

I need OOo 2.3.0, too.  I am working on it to see if I can't get it
repackaged, but I can't (yet) add it to the repository.  You'd be
surprised at how much of the system needs to be upgraded to install the
2.3.0 backport...

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch               Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                         http://www.trausch.us/