[ale] To Dr. Dowd - Linux med. billing & scheduling software?

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Sep 19 02:28:09 EDT 2007

Hi Howard,

On 9/18/2007 at 11:37 AM H. A. Story wrote:

>I know it is late.

Not late at all, the party just got started.
;c)

> I heard http://www.misyshealthcare.com/  is going
>to go open source.   I also have been trying to pay attention to the
>following.
>
>http://www.mirrormed.org
>http://www.gplmedicine.org.
>http://www.clear-health.com
>http://www.linuxmednews.com
>http://www.freemed.org
>http://www.oemr.org    open emr
>
>Most everything I can find on the web that Fred Trotter writes.   We are
>in a rather quiet practice management software revolution, I think. By
>that I mean the average Joe isn't aware of changes that are happening.
>The standards are being pushed on doctors and the need to make every
>dollar count.
>
>And I know what you mean about cost, as I work for a company that sales
>and supports software.  Just think if you have a small office that has
>10 personal computers with 1 server.  Even with the life of about 5
>years you are looking at a very costly expense.
>
>By the way those are all Linux based.  Some you can even put on a
>Windows server.  Just remember to get your C.A.L. for each
>workstation/user.

Darn, you can join the parties whenever!

Dr. Dowd replied off-line, as did you when you had trouble with posting to the list.  He too recommended taking a look at freemed.org, but basically his answer was "none yet" in regards to open-source or proprietary software.

Great information, sir.  And thank you very much for your time and your efforts.

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

SIXIT Consulting