[ale] *Serious* motherboards?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Sep 13 05:39:52 EDT 2007

I have it on good authority ...(wink, wink, nudge, nudge)...
that  Local Net Solutions (aka James Kinney and friends)
has researched a very respectable 2U AMD / Tyan
2xDualCore64 high-end server package that would easily
meet your specs and your needs with considerable room
left for adding several SAS and/or SATA drives and a lot
more ram.

Over the past couple months they've assembled, tested
and installed a few of these for clients around the country,
so this design has been pretty well field tested, too .

On the same good authority I understand that LNS is
currently ordering parts to assemble a few more of these
servers and they would probably be amenable to building
you a turn key unit at a hard to beat price if you want to
email them (at cc).

HTH!
peace
aaron