[ale] oh....help

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Sep 12 09:20:50 EDT 2007

ouch. my openSUSE 10.2 install got...hosed a bit, so I tried installing
again. mt openSUSE 10.2 disk freezes when it boots, it doesn't allow me
to do anything with the keyboard. my new Linuz magazine copy of SLED 10
does the same thing. the Debian 4.0 Etch CD DID work however, so I
installed Debian. My Dell desktop is an Intel Duo Core processor, yet it
installed the AMD processor:
# dpkg --list|grep kernel
ii  libdrm2                           2.0.2-0.1
Userspace interface to kernel DRM services -
ii  linux-image-2.6-amd64             2.6.18+6etch2
Linux kernel 2.6 image on AMD64

this makes life for me misreable.. now it won't let me install Opera for
one, and I get Iceweasel for a browser...
Is there anything I can do about the AMD kernel?? not sure what to do at
this point...

--
Paul cartwright
no sigs in evolution here...