[ale] wiki suggestions

Daniel Kahn Gillmor dkg at fifthhorseman.net
Tue Sep 11 11:08:35 EDT 2007

On Mon 2007-09-10 22:07:06 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I'm looking for some wiki like system that forces page editors to sign
> in before editing a page.  I know this is against the wiki concept, so
> perhaps I should say that I am looking for a CMS... one with wiki like
> syntax ;-)
>
> Additional interests include scalability (multiple servers, centralized
> db storage) and security.  PHP5 applications are welcome... no PHP4 ones
> however.... my preference would be Python however.

trac [0] provides a wiki written in python, can use a postgres
database (and maybe MySQL? i forget, because i prefer postrgres), and
can rely on any form of authentication your web server can offer (if
you're using apache, that's just about anything).  As a bonus, if
you're doing a software project, you get a free ticketing system and
revision control browser/frontend thrown in.

if you want to refuse page editing without logging in, that's easy to
do from the trac-admin command line tool.

   --dkg

[0] http://trac.edgewall.org/