[ale] wiki suggestions

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Sep 10 22:21:52 EDT 2007

Jim Popovitch, on 09/10/2007 10:07 PM said:
> I'm looking for some wiki like system that forces page editors to sign
> in before editing a page.  I know this is against the wiki concept, so
> perhaps I should say that I am looking for a CMS... one with wiki like
> syntax ;-)

MediaWiki will do what you're looking for, and it's a PHP application
that works well in a PHP 5 environment (it actually requires PHP 5.1 or
later).  Also, given that it's rather large in installed base, it will
probably support PHP 6 when it comes out, I would imagine.

You can also customize it pretty heavily if you want, so that it doesn't
*look* like MediaWiki.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch               Internet Mail & Jabber: mike at trausch.us
Phone:  (404) 592-5746 x1                         http://www.trausch.us/