[ale] keyboard replacement

Jim Philips philips_jim at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 5 05:29:34 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 04 September 2007 07:58:44 pm Paul Cartwright wrote:
> well, there is good news and not so good news.
> I got my Dell keyboard in the mail today. Pulled out my handy dandy
> instructions and removed the old keyboard, no problem.
> Opened the box to the new one, and it didn't quite look the same....
> Seems I ordered a Canadian-FR keyboard :)
> about 80 of the keys I recognize, only a few have the wrong markings,
> like the question mark, and pipe symbol.. but it is a nice new keyboard,
> and it works! Its sorta fitting actually, I'm leaving for Toronto
> tomorrow morning!
> and I got it back together and it does work.
> I may try to get those special keys off of the old one and replace them,
> but it isn't critical..

Since yanking the keys off is not recommended, you might see if you can get
these little clear plastic stickers that are made for people who use more
than one character set. They stick to the keys and show the alternate symbol
for a given character set. I use to have some for the Cyrillic character set.