[ale] Best Linux distro for Games/Multimedia

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Nov 23 18:15:34 EST 2007

I can recommend openSUSE 10.3.

It provides links to all the add-on repositories you need for the media stuff, I believe it even includes DIV-X support.  I run Kaffeine for most of my media, with Amarok for mp3 management.

My son insists on being able to play all of the first person shooter games he can find, and they work well using Cedega.
I hear you can get the base wine set up to work, but I'm lazy so I let others do the heavy lifting for games.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.
678-697-9420