[ale] Fedora 8 is out!

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Thu Nov 8 17:22:07 EST 2007

James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 14:31 -0600, Preston Boyington wrote:
>> James P. Kinney III wrote:
>>> And be sure to sing along with the official announcement
>>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-announce-list/2007-November/msg00006.html
>> great... now i got that song in my head.
>
> Just doing my part to help ruin the day of someone else... ;}

It's really quite catchy.

     "Werewolf" moves across the land
     Router meltdowns close at hand
     Sysadmins in search of blood
     For those who caused this bandwidth flood
     And whosoever took the risk
     But failed to make an extra disc
     Must face the Bastard Op from Hell
     And lose his access to the shell

     The best of Linux now is here
     To kill the FUD and strike with fear
     The hearts of those who steal your rights
     And hide their code far from your sight
     Closed source takes away what's yours
     But you'll never shake the horror
     Until you taste the freedom and
     The power of FEDORA!

I installed it on my laptop (Dell 1420N) last night. I was hoping that a
combination of newer kernel, newer NetworkManager, and different driver
(iwl3945) would solve the connectivity problems I occasionally have in
Ubuntu after a suspend/resume. The answer seems to be no, but I may
stick with Fedora for a while anyway.

-Brian