[ale] IPv6 programming question

Srikanth Pokkuluri Srikanth.Pokkuluri at lntinfotech.com
Fri Nov 2 01:43:09 EDT 2007

Dear Sir,
I have tried earlier with nomarl int s=socket(AF_INET6,SOCK_STREAM,0); but
the data is not sent to server ..
and on ethreal i have seen htat checksum error after 3 way handshake
happened ....with PSH,ACK checksum error on ethreal .

PLEASE HELP
Thanks and Regards,
P.V.S Srikanth
L&T Infotech.
Project Leader.
Employee No: 279753

Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd.
www.Lntinfotech.com

This Document is classified as:

L&T Infotech Proprietary   L&T Infotech Confidential   L&T Infotech
Internal Use Only   L&T Infotech General Business

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do
not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it
from your system.

Jim Popovitch <yahoo at jimpop.com>
Sent by: ale-bounces at ale.org
11/02/2007 11:09 AM
Please respond to
Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [ale] IPv6 programming question

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 10:14 +0530, Srikanth Pokkuluri wrote:

> s = socket(AF_INET6,SOCK_STREAM,PF_INET6);

When using TCP (SOCK_STREAM) you don't need to specify a protocol (i.e
PF_*), you can just use zero.  Give that a try.

> SERVER PROGRAM
[snip]
> s = socket(AF_INET6,SOCK_STREAM,IPPROTO_TCP6);

Same here, replace IPPROTO_TCP6 with a zero.

hth,

-Jim P.