[ale] Plaxo Pulse

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Thu Nov 1 11:56:31 EDT 2007

> Greg Freemyer wrote:
>> I just got invited to join "Mark" at Plaxo Pulse.

I had to go look, looks like Plaxo Pulse (www.plaxo.com)
is some "Web 2.0" mashup site that sucked in "Mark's"
address book from his e-mail software (or gmail, etc..)
and then invited everyone in his address book.

Sigh.. it looks like the kind of thing my Dad will be signing up for and
then calling me with questions about...

Best line in the world:

   "But Dad, I don't do Windows, and I still do (most) of my e-mail using
    Pine, ie: plain text, I don't understand why anyone would want to
   ___insert_kewl_web_hyper_functionality_mashup_thingy___ anyway.
   It's probably a ploy by the government/cia/al-quida/liberals/conservatives
   /porn scammers/creditcard thieves/.. to monitor/steal all of your
   information.