[ale] WIN 3.1 in Dosemu

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed May 23 22:06:31 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 21:50 -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> That looks normal to me :)

Agreed...

I got it to work in dosbox but dosbox has its own share of issues.
first when I run a command.com shell I lose my mouse totally.  Even for
X windows.  When I get out of the dos shell I get a garbaged dosbox and
still can not get my mouse back.  I have to do a kill -9 from a virtual
console.

It seems each emulator has an issue.  I did try Qemu but it does not
support a serial port very well.  It does not pass the signals to the
application and always has DCD high.  Even when my modem is not
connected.  This causes the app to think something is connected and it
refuses to work right.

Dosbox and Dosemu both have great serial port support.  I can also make
my C: from a directory in home on both too.  This simplifies things.
One of the programs I run is Qmodem Pro.