[ale] Another lost printer

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Mon May 21 12:36:36 EDT 2007

Danny Cox wrote:
> Scott,
>
> On Sun, 2007-05-20 at 01:32 -0400, Scott Castaline wrote:
>> Did a dumb thing this afternoon or is it yesterday afternoon. I upgraded
>> hplip from 1.7.2 to 1.7.4a, and totally lost my printer.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> 	Only one: check the 'enabled' checkbox in the first window of
> system-config-printer.  On an error, this is unchecked and everything is
> queued up, but in the immortal words of Adventure, "Nothing
> happens" ;-).

Done that. I've got it partially working now. Reinstalled several print
related software. I have 3 queues setup; 1st is the default printer with
duplexing enabled, 2nd is the FAX, 3rd is the 1st printer with duplexing
disabled. From hp-toolbox gui the test print page will not print on the
default printer or the FAX, but will print on the 3rd printer. From the
desktop gui that comes with FC6 both printers work, have not tried the
FAX from there though.
Now I also have another problem, 2 of my LVM VGs seem to be haveing
problems and won't mount with SELinux enabled. These LGs are on 2
different physical drives, and I'm also getting errors on all of my
drives. I think it's time to dump Western Digital. All of them are WDs,
one I've only have had for about 3 months.