[ale] OT: Autism Walk

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri May 18 09:38:08 EDT 2007

>From my wife this am:

Dear Chris,
Marcus Institute and Autism Speaks is getting ready for its annual
signature event, the Georgia Walk for Autism on May 19th in Atlantic
Station. I am planning to be a part of that Walk and I am asking you to
join me in raising critically-needed funds for autism research by making
a contribution in support of my Walk.

Autism is a complex brain disorder that often inhibits a person's
ability to communicate, respond to surroundings, or form relationships
with others. First identified more than 50 years ago, autism is
typically diagnosed by the age of two or three. Autism affects people of
all racial, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.

Few disorders are as devastating to a child and his or her family. While
some people with autism are mildly affected, most people with the
condition will require lifelong supervision and care and have
significant language impairments. Many children with autism will never
be able to tell their parents they love them.

Currently, the causes of autism are unknown and there are no specific
medical treatments or cure. Physicians have no blood test or scan that
can definitively diagnose the disorder. As such, the diagnosis of autism
is based solely upon observations of behavior. Despite increasing
national interest and high prevalence, autism research is one of the
lowest funded areas of medical research by both public and private
sources.

Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and
will keep you posted on my progress.

Please forward this to anyone that you think would like to donate.
Sincerely,
Christine Fowler
To make a donation online by credit card please goto
http://www.autismwalk.org/site/TR?px=1937948&pg=personal&fr_id=1360 and
This will direct you to my Personal Page where you can make a secure
donation.

Christine Fowler
UPS Supply Chain Solutions
Operations Supervisor