[ale] linux jumpstart from a solaris jumpstart server

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Thu May 17 18:04:37 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 17:56 -0400, Warren Myers wrote:
> not a problem
>
> be aware, though: Solaris doesn't support NFS2 like Linux does (or, at
> least it didn't last I looked)

Hmmm, right now (after manual install) our Linux servers NFS3 mount a
central file share from the same system that's used for jumpstarts
(Solaris 8).   So, I would assume that since RH4 can mount the share
post-install, it should be OK for the kickstart, right?  Or are you
saying the kickstart uses NFS2 for loading the bootimage?

-Jim P.