[ale] OT - bank fun

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Mon May 14 13:38:49 EDT 2007

Jeff Lightner wrote:

> All that leads to another rant - why the hell you have to sign up to
> allow funds to be withdrawn when you allow for them to be deposited via
> direct deposit.   There ought to be a law with time limits for that as
> well.
I think I can answer that.  You  and the rest of the consumers don't
have a lobbyist in Washington buying off politicians.  Unless, there's a
lot of visibility wrt an issue the pols are going to ignore consumers
and vote in favor of the people who paid to get them (re)elected.

That's our system of government.

Jim.