[ale] Fixing a vfat flash drive?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed May 9 08:58:59 EDT 2007

Robert,

Once the drive complains like this, don't try and reuse it. There is a
write limit to the solid state devices and it sounds like yours has hit
the ceiling.
There are tools that can (sometimes) recover data currently on the
device. Look for "crashed flash drive recovery". This one looks
promising but is winders only:
http://www.safe-install.com/programs/recover-usb-drive-data.html