[ale] Syncing two machines

Brad Peters brad at endperform.org
Wed May 2 08:42:17 EDT 2007

I have a laptop and a desktop, and what I want to do is keep a few
directories in sync.  I can use rsync for this,   It's been a while since
I've used rsync, but if I were to sync from my desktop to my laptop (given
that my desktop has an empty dir and the laptop has the files I want), it
would copy from the laptop over, or vice versa.  If so, then that might be
what I want.

Does anyone else out there do syncing between desktop / laptop?  If so,
I'd love to hear what you're using.  Eventually I want to write a script
to check if the desktop is online from the laptop and automatically
perform a sync.

--
Brad Peters [sent via webmail]
brad at endperform.org