[ale] posting

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Tue May 1 14:53:33 EDT 2007

Jerald Sheets wrote:

> We have this conversation every few years when someone gets on here
> and posts some outrageous figure for mid-tier hosting work like this.
>
> I recall last time the amount of the description was listed at abot
> 20/hr, and I got chastised for thinking that's a bit of an insult for
> this type of work.  It still is.
>
> Now, with the much better market, they're going to have a real problem
> filling this.
>
> 40k...  Wow.  Can you live downtown on that?  I mean, my gas bill to
> commute to the perimeter is 500/mo alone.

Mother of god.  I am *so* glad I work at home.

IT companies could probably slash our nation's dependence on foreign
oil merely by allowing their "knowledge workers" to telecommute on
a regular basis.  And they'd save themselves money, too, on life support
for their human servants.

-- JK

--
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be
dismissed without evidence." -- Christopher Hitchens