[ale] Dell and Linux

Louis Zamora LouisZ at senecadata.com
Thu Mar 29 10:44:18 EDT 2007

Some of us on this list sold some products to Dell's ESS group.

Dell has an excellent team at their Enterprise Solutions level that
provides great Linux Support for Enterprise companies wanting clusters.
That is the whole reason they started touting Linux Support. To go after
the cluster market and they have done a good job if you look at the
top500.org website.

But I started feeling like a small fry, service and Linux support-wise,
later when I only needed one or two servers a month from them.

So I am grateful, my existing employer, allows me to compete with Dell
and I especially enjoy it when I can build a small Linux cluster and
give the small fry the same service Dell taught me to appreciate when I
wasn't a small fry.

Thanks for reminding me where I came from,

Louis Zamora
Senior Sales Engineer
louisz at senecadata.com

1280 Old Alpharetta Rd.