[ale] Comcast speeds

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 20:45:04 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-03-28 at 19:09 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Unless you specifically requested a static IP and they agreed, 'having
> the same IP for the past year' does not make it a static IP.

Correct.  By definition it is NOT static.  By practice, and perception,
it is.  This works for all practical, non-business, stuff like printing
to my home printer when on the other side of the world.  I wouldn't
recommend running servers or services, that others depend on, on any
single pathed network, cable, satellite, twisted pair, or otherwise.

-Jim P.