[ale] Vista vs Linux

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Mar 28 07:55:27 EDT 2007

That reminds me of a question I asked of the President of the Division
of a Fortune 500 I used to work for:

We were aggressively trying to sell our Open Systems (read UNIX)
solution to people still using old mainframe solutions from competitors.
I asked why we didn't also try to sell to the folks that used OUR old
mainframe solution.

He said that once you suggest to people that they have to change the way
they are doing things there is no guarantee they'll go to YOUR new way
of doing things so it opens the doors for competitors.   Here's hoping
he was right and Vista is enough of a pain to make people seriously
consider Linux if they feel they need to move beyond where they are.