[ale] Comcast speeds

Jay Finch retief at larp.com
Tue Mar 27 16:24:03 EDT 2007

>From what I'm reading, this was in the text of their "Select a High
Speed Internet Package" section of their ordering:

"our fast connection gets even faster, with an extra burst of
speed up to 12 Mbps when you’re downloading large
files like videos and games."

 Interesting, eh?

 -----------------------------
  could this is a 32 vs 64bit register issue on their end
somewhere?

Ned

On 3/27/07, Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com >
wrote:Am I
reading this right... Comcast now has 12Mb down?  I've been seeing
numbers like this ever since some crazy packet loss issues yesterday
early AM.  In the past it was only 6Mb down locally.

     http://www.speedtest.net/result/105157074.png

Sure hope it stays like that. ;-)

-Jim P.

Ale mailing