[ale] RHEL 5 is out

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 17:07:45 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 16:54 -0400, Randy Ramsdell wrote:
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
> I just don't get the bias about Redhat. I have used them for years and
> even before the v. 5. Yes, I was annoyed about the desktop EL thing
> after v.9, but what did you expect. Redhat does more for the "Linux "
> community than most will ever do is their lifetime. Respect that at
> least.

Agreed.  I just won't use them personally because I had previously paid
them cash out of my pocket and they changed the licensing model and
asked me to pay more (significantly more, ES * 3) and when I didn't they
wouldn't refund the recently re-newed RH7.3 maintenance I had just paid.
So,

> Thank goodness they are here and I hope they stay for a long time.

Yes. I just don't want their mgmt/marketing to screw next year's
enterprise customers like they screwed me years ago.  Doing that would
hurt them and Linux in general.

-Jim P.