[ale] VM ?

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 18:40:24 EDT 2007

Assuming you are using VMWare Server, when you create the new virtual
machine, it should give you the option to create a new virtual disk, use an
existing virtual disk, or use a physical disk. When using the third option,
you can (in most cases) point it at your windows partition and boot right
up. I run a Dell Latitude 120L and did not get prompted to reactivate
(volume license key), but did get prompted on an older Dell desktop. It's a
crapshoot, but well worth it if it works out...for very obvious reasons.

--
Jonathan