[ale] md5sum weirdness on firefox

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Mar 7 10:11:34 EST 2007

md5sum and Firefox in title - how is either of these a global issue with
rpm?

So far as I know checking the sum of a file leaves it unchanged.
Transferring (downloading a file) can change it easily if you an ascii
transfer of a binary file.

Personally I find apt rather unwieldy to use and with the advent of yum
the dependency issues that were the bane of rpm users have mostly gone
away.