[ale] Foolish Distro ID Question

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 16:18:12 EST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 15:20 -0500, Scott Castaline wrote:

> Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> >
> > By the way, nice hostname, Scott.  :^)
> >
> Thanks. My server is NCC1701 no A, B, or C and my wifeys (the real
> boss) is NCC1701A. I no longer have B, C, D, or E.....Domain =
> starfleet
>
> Engage===========================>

When I originally set up this network, I had considered many naming
conventions, and finally settled on spices... so I have a server named
Allspice, my laptop is named Pepper, my desktop (when I had it) was
named Cinnamon, and future machines might keep with that naming
convention.  I did think about using something Star Trek related,
though...

I would probably, if I were to jump into that realm, mix Federation
ships with various names and designations of people, places, things, and
Borg... but I think I would want a large network to do that on.  :-P

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
                    fd0man at gmail.com
              fd0man at livejournal.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!