[ale] Comcast problems?

Sid Lane jakes.dad at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:33:21 EST 2007

we officially had enough of them and got speedfactory about a month ago...

comcast (& predecessors going back to 2000) has been really cyclical over
the years - we'll have no problems at all for a year to two then it will be
horribly unstable for several months.  when you do have a problem their
"technical support" - well, there's just no point in beating that dog any
more than has already been done (I once had one of them tell me to "ping
yahoo.com" AFTER I told her I was getting NO dns resolution and 50% packet
loss AT THE GATEWAY - nuff said).

once direct gets their birds up/delivers on their HD promises we'll be
dumping them for TV as well...