[ale] [OT] Weird Trick to make Debit Card Scan

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Mar 1 14:53:59 EST 2007

Well, I'm not really interested in trying to "clone" a card
with a plastic bag. It seems like it would be much easier
to tap into the reader than to ensure the second card
matched up with the location of the second card, even
assuming that the bag could retain a magnetic pattern. I
_really_ doubt that a plastic bag can retain any magetic
pattern.

I should have, and didn't, responded to whomever suggested
that the bag provides enough separation that a sensitive
reader doesn't get confused by wear patterns. My card has
gotten quite worn, and I really should fuss at the bank to
replace it. Hence, the idea of reducing spurious wear
signals by bag spacing appeals to me.