[ale] ALE / ATLAUG Asterisk Build-In Event

Sergio Chaves sergio at turbocorp.com
Thu Mar 1 08:23:58 EST 2007

I would attend it as well.

On Wednesday 28 February 2007, Greg Freemyer wrote:
> I for one would definitely like to see the presentation.
>
> Not sure I would participate in a build-in.  I could certainly help
> others (I have Linux & Telephony background).
>
> But my company uses a small PBX (3com NBX system) with about 20 voip
> handsets and I don't know if the cost / benefit would justify trying
> to replace it.  Somehow I doubt it at this point.
>
> Greg
>
> On 2/27/07, Steve Henke <stevehenke at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > Greetings Fellow Linux Enthusiasts,
> >
> > I would like to discuss an Asterisk Build-In event that could be jointly
> > presented by ALE and the Atlanta Asterisk Users Group
> > (ATLAUG)(http://www.atlaug.com).
> >
> > At the January 30, 2007 ATLAUG meeting we considered organizing an
> > Asterisk Build-In event and we recognized the value that ALE could bring
> > to that event in order to best serve the community.
> >
> > Asterisk is an Open Source (and most often Linux based) IP Telephony
> > solution that is scalable from home to large business applications.
> > Details are at http://www.asterisk.org. Our members use Asterisk for
> > everything from home telephone systems to large business applications. In
> > addition to providing traditional (but IP based) voice telephony
> > services, Asterisk can deliver converged messaging, automation and
> > telemetry services via a wide variety of fixed and wireless devices.
> >
> > I would be glad to make a  presentation to ALE to explain and demonstrate
> > the current state of the Asterisk project.  This would enable ALE members
> > to know what to expect and what to bring to a Build-In so they can leave
> > with a working system that does what they want.
> >
> > We could use our mutual resources to organize, publicize and produce a
> > great Asterisk Build-In event for the Atlanta area.  Would ALE like to
> > join us?
> >
> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Steve Henke, Member
> > ATLAUG
> > stevehenke at bellsouth.net
> >
> > P.S. We had a great meeting tonight and tentatively picked the date of
> > Saturday, April 28th for the install fest.

Don't worry over what other people are thinking about you.  They're too busy
worrying over what you are thinking about them.
----
  . .                                                     . .
   v                Sergio Chaves                 v
 /(_)\          Linux User #221305           /(_)\

 This transmission (including attachments) may be: (1) subject to the
 Attorney-Client Privilege, (2) an attorney work product, or (3) strictly
 confidential to Sergio Chaves, LLC.  If you are not the intended
 recipient of this message (or authorized to receive for the intended
 recipient), you may not read, retain, disclose, print, copy or disseminate
 to anyone this information. If you have received this in error, please
 reply and notify the sender (only) by reply email, and destroy all copies
 of the message (including any attachments). Unauthorized interception of
 this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.