[ale] OT - Non AT&T landline

Ned Williams nedj10 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 10:27:28 EDT 2007

Umm if your worried about "emergencies" then why are thinking about
landlines...terrestrial switching networks clog up just like Cell systems.

It sounds like what you REALLY need is of course....
1) 100KW genset
2) 1000 gallon deisel tank
3) Complete VSAT setup with VOIP connectivity and of course you are going to
need a complete VPN solution to your redundant "backup" home in the side of
the mountain...
Then again an an emergency the roads are going be to as clogged as the cell
towers so you better add in that back up UH 1 Huey for getting over to the
grocery store for the requisite last loaf of white bread on the shelf.....

OR...

you could just get a pay as you go sat phone...they have been around now for
a few years, and they rarely clog up their networks.

(just slight tongue in cheek here)

Ned