[ale] BellSouth/ATT DSL

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Jun 25 16:10:20 EDT 2007

QUESTION: Did you switch the computer that was connected to the ISP's
          modem?  If so then you problem almost certainly is that the
	  ISP hardwires the MAC address of your computer into their
	  network.  If the modem is talking to a different MAC they
	  won't pass normal traffic.

	  The fix is to determine the MAC address of the Winbloz
	  system that works (via Winbloz GUI for system/networking).
	  Then program the Linux system's NIC to use the same MAC
	  address (as discussed in Real World Linux Security).

Bob