[ale] BellSouth/ATT DSL

Alex LeDonne aledonne.listmail at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 10:47:09 EDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Sean Kilpatrick <drifter at oppositelock.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 24 June 2007 23:14, Thompson Freeman wrote:
> | I happen to like the people at Speakeasy that I've delt with.
> | They generally seem to know what they are doing, and are quite
> | up front about what is going on.
>
> I agree wholeheartedly.
> Last time I had to call Tech Support, the techie deduced on scant
> evidence that my 2-year-old DSL box might be bad and immediately
> sent along a replacement -- which fixed the problem. Only took one
> call and less than five minutes on the phone -- including hold time.
>
> Sean

I'll pile on the love for Speakeasy. We just (this month) had
lightning fry some bits - took out the DSL modem, WAN port on my
Linksys router ( :( was a classic WRT54GS v1 ), and some TV innards to
boot.

Speakeasy sent a modem first (as a troubleshooting step since they
couldn't talk to the old one) and asked more questions later. Then,
since we were >1yr with them, we were able to re-up for a 1yr contract
and get the replacement modem free. The premium service (no ports
blocked, no restrictions on how I use the bandwidth I pay for, fixed
IP, great techs, free hardware, etc) is worth every dollar.

-Alex