[ale] Open-source software license manager - OT Driving

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:15:36 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 13:57 -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:

> Bad analogy there.   The courts have decided that driving is a
> "privilege not a right".   That's why they can stop you from driving
> at
> road blocks.

Which makes it very hard to define freedom.  Does this mean that we are
not free to travel?  I would be inclined to say that it does:  It is not
legal to walk on the Interstate system, even if that is the shortest
route between Points A and B.  It is also not legal to drive without a
license, or drive an unregistered vehicle, on any supposedly "public"
roadway.  (Wait a minute; if the roadway is public, doesn't that mean
that the public gets to do with it as it will?  I thought the government
was supposed to be a servant to us, not the other way around.)  The
restrictions currently and due to be imposed on travel-by-flight are
also further proof that we do not consider traveling to be a freedom
that people should have.

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!