[ale] Open-source software license manager

Jim Popovitch yahoo at jimpop.com
Fri Jun 22 00:18:25 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 19:14 -0700, laytonjb at charter.net wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I've been working with flexlm for a while and I've grown to loathe it for the
> most part. Does anyone know of any open-source software license managers
> that are similar to flexlm - only better?

I haven't seen anything open source come close to what flexlm does.  At
$DAYJOB we are giving up on flexlm after about a dozen years of bundling
it in our software.  Can't really say that I'll miss it, and I know our
customers will not miss it.  Flexlm is stable and scalable... but, it
was always that one extra thing to setup and maintain.

-Jim P.