[ale] Vinyl to CD

Jay Goodman ale at goody.homelinux.net
Wed Jun 20 12:50:40 EDT 2007

No automated system will clean up your sound as well as you can by ear.
I've used audacity in the past for converting a few old cassettes - my LPs
were so kindly thrown out when I went to school :(   Several hundred LPs
would probably make you want to pull your hair out using audacity alone
since it can't be scripted or automated.  I'd do the automated converter
as suggested   in another email for the bulk of the lot. While your
listening to you music and notice "bad things(tm)", fire up audacity for
fine tuning hiss/noise reduction and click/pop removal and any number of
effects you may want to add (bass adjust, equalize, normalize, amplify,
compressor, fades, bandpass filtering, delays).