[ale] Heya folks! Any suggestions for a geek moving to/near Atlanta?

Brian Schenken brian.schenken at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 12:16:34 EDT 2007

Well we made it to Atlanta - what a beautiful place!

Everything went as planned for the most part, the only major issues we
had:

In Arizona as we drove past a large and powerful dust devil, it
suddenly changed course and I wound up plowing my Taurus (1990 family
wagon - heavy, built like a tank) right through it.  It felt solid
when I hit it, then jerked the car back and forth as I passed through.
 My wife, who was following me, just clipped the edge of it with her
tiny Spectra.  Good thing I had the lead!

Next was our cat's attempt at suicide.  I was being a cheapskate and
not running the A/C through Tennessee.  The heat didn't bother me
much, but my furry friend considered it grounds for desertion.  (Did
you know that cat's pant when they're hot enough?  It's a pitiful
sight...)  I caught him by the tail just as he leaped out of the
window.  (I don't recall how I perceived his movement nor how I
managed to snatch him through the passenger window behind me whilst
driving...)  Once I turned the A/C on he sat in front of it and slept
the rest of the way.

We've spent Friday and the weekend house hunting.  We found one in
Lawrencville that we really like, any thoughts on that area?  The
house we are looking at is near a middle school that is rated 9/10 by
greatschools.net.  It looks great to outsiders like us...