[ale] MS or MBA

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at ike2.room17.com
Sun Jun 10 22:43:58 EDT 2007

On 06/10/2007 04:12:55 PM, Brandon Colbert wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> I am confused about choosing between a MBA or MS Degree. Can some
> shed some
> light on this for me? My goal is to move into management. I know that
> both
> will get you there.
>

> Thanks,

I'm _not_ somebody you should accept career advice from - mine died.
That said, MS in what vs. MBA? And, relative to that choice, what do
you love? That is, what are you going to do, whether or not you get
paid to do it or not? Or is this really just a paper trail to open
doors, in which case I suspect the MBA may be the more useful.

Neither of my brothers who are in managerial type positions hold
masters level or higher degrees. The other two of us hold advanced
degrees, and nobody in their right mind would let either of us manage a
shower stall. (Not quite true, but it sounds good.)

YMMV