[ale] Evolution data migration to a new install

Jim Seymour jim at wingbarscafe.com
Fri Jun 8 02:04:44 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 20:59 -0400, danlambert at bellsouth.net wrote:
> I had to do this on and Ubuntu box when I bought my new laptop.
> If you will go to your home folder and make the hidden files viewable, you will find a .evolution folder. In it are all of your calendar and mail files.
>
> Copy the contents of that folder to a removable drive, and then paste the contents into the .evolution folder on your new system. You should have all of the mails in your folders on the new system.
>
> Dan
>

> > From: Jim Seymour <jim at wingbarscafe.com>
> > Date: 2007/06/06 Wed AM 10:09:42 EDT
> > To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>
> > Subject: [ale] Evolution data migration to a new install
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Could not find anything on a proper way to do this. I have a Debian box
> > with Evolution 2.6.3 that is my original box. I have built a new box
> > with Gentoo running Evolution 2.8.3. Does anyone have a reliable method
> > of transferring all of the data from one Evolution install to the next?
> > Surely, there is a utility somewhere that can reliably do this since it
> > does not appear it was built into Evolution. I have tried rsyncs and
> > copying various databases over to no avail.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Jim Seymour

Hi Dan,

I have already tried that and the data is not recognized by evolution. I
just tried again, deleting the entire .evolution directory and then
doing a copy of all of the data from the old system. Again, not a single
contact, memo or todo shows up. I am at a loss as to how to migrate this
data (most importantly the calender).

Thanks,

Jim