[ale] Good bang-for-buck mobo/cpu?

Michael Smith msmith at mikeandmel.com
Wed Jun 6 08:00:14 EDT 2007

I have to give a thumbs up to Asus motherboards also.  I have used them for
the last 10 years and I've yet to get a dud.  In fact I have one PC that has
been up for 2 years without any issues.  I did buy an Abit mother board a
couple of years because I thought I was getting a good deal and 4 months
later the northbridge fan seized up and it overheated.  Luckily it was under
warranty and I returned it for another Asus motherboard and its been running
fine for 2 years.