[ale] Evolution has issues

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 1 16:18:50 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 14:33 -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:

> I have been having some issues with Evolution myself, and I had even
> more issues with software (including Firefox and GAIM) when I was
> running a 64-bit kernel and userland.  Now that I've installed the
> 32-bit version, I have the occasional crash when I access IMAP or NNTP
> from Evolution, and the occasional crash from evolution-data-server,
> but nothing substantial from anything else.
>
> Evolution, I think, probably needs to be rewritten, though.  It is
> big, and feels like Microsoft software some days.  (e.g., it has all
> the options that you want, but not in the places that you need them...
> very frustrating.)

Probably right.

I'm running version 2.8.3 on my FC6 system now.  I need to see whay
Xubuntu uses.

I would prefer using Mutt but Mutt has a hard time (speed) when dealing
with dealing with my mailboxes that are huge.  Also mutt can not display
HTML mail.  To solve the HTML issue I wrote a script for 'htmlview' that
would use links to convert to text.