[ale] Transition from OS X to Ubuntu complete...but....Flash?

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Tue Jul 31 13:28:36 EDT 2007

----- "Brian Pitts" <brian at polibyte.com> wrote:
> Come to think of it, QEMU + nspluginwrapper should be able to run
> Flash
> on PPC. I doubt the speed will be anything to brag about.
>
> http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/en/projects/nspluginwrapper/help

That's an interesting idea. I'll add it to the list. So far, here's what I plan to try:

1. freenx or nx - no precompiled nx client for PPC, so may have to use freenx. Not sure...new to the whole nomachine thing.
2. firefox across compressed ssh. Works fine but haven't figured out sound yet.
3. mac-on-linux - lets you run OSX on top of Linux...similar to vmware or qemu (but ppc only). installed flawlessly last night, but have to free up some disk space for OS X. Reviews I've read indicate it's so good it's hard to tell the difference between it and native OS X.
4. You're Qemu suggestion.

I'll let you know how it plays out.

Thanks,
John