[ale] Using OS X as a thin client

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Jul 30 15:06:30 EDT 2007

----- "Jerald Sheets" <questy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Call Apple..and...oh, wait, I didn't buy the three year support.
> > Even though the eMac is still very new, Apple won't talk to me. I
> > have to go the their authorized support center (a la CompUSA) to
> > get support.
> >

> There are a few non-negotiables in the Apple world.
>
> I   ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS buy applecare.
> II  ALWAYS Max out your Ram
> III ALWAYS use an authorized local service center (not a big-box
> store)

Ah, but you see, I'm an expatriated Atlantan. I live in Greensboro, NC now, and CompUSA is our *only* authorized local service center. ;)

> Now this is funny.  Sorry, it just is.

I know...it really is isn't it? Painfully so. And just a bit spooky.

Oh, I was able to get it working, it just didn't "just work". Following instructions here (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx/Feisty) made it work flawlessly (note...ndiswrapper won't work on ppc, so you have to use fwcutter).

> good conversation.

Yep ;)

John