[ale] CIFS <-> NFS bridge?

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Wed Jul 25 09:45:12 EDT 2007

I don't believe it's an issue with packet sizes, et. al.  From the testing
I've done, the problem is the version of Linux we're using is a few years
old and came out just before the fixes were put into place that would allow
proper recognition of files that were on remote SMB mounts and were larger
than 2G.  From my testing it appears this is strictly related to the linux
version, not the version of samba (I installed the most recent version of
samba and had the same problem, but testing on newer kernels, the issue is
resolved).