[ale] Mutt and pgp/mime

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sat Jul 21 10:40:21 EDT 2007

This one is signed and I've not received any complaints, except for one,
the boss of my boss.  All the messages show up blank to him, using pgp4win
or something similar for outlook.

I've been googling around and found one howto on disabling it which involved
setting "--clearsign" in the sign command but it didn't help.  A co-worker says:

Thus spake Paul Cartwright (paul_tbot at pcartwright.com):

> On Friday 20 July 2007 11:07:06 am Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > Message was signed on 07/20/07 11:07 am with unknown key
> > 0xF3ED6F30E344DA3B. The validity of the signature cannot be verified.
>
> >   ?? hmm, I'm dealing with some people who appear to have issues with
> > reading my emails. ??It seems all the text is coming up blank, even if I
> > sign it. One of the people says it is because I am using pgp/mime. ??I don't
> > see any configurations enabling it so I am guessing it is a default. ??I
> > need to know how to disable this, even if I put the disable command in a
> > send-hook for the specific user.
> >
> > ?? Has anyone run into this? ??Know how to disable pgp/mime with mutt and
> > gnupg?
>
> I don't normally sign my posts, I have PGP setup and learned how to use it ( a
> little) long ago.  I use kmail and your pgp key isn't verified, but the post
> shows up just fine.
>

> --
> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux user # 367800
> Ubuntu User number is # 12459

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for              First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                       - Manowar