[ale] ntp for debian workstation

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Jul 17 16:10:37 EDT 2007

No - you're correct - see the earlier reply and response about this.
ntpd runs all the time to query your time servers.  ntpdate is a one
time command but it can be made to run regularly by adding entries for
same to cron.   No reason to do that though since ntpd does it better
using its own config files and is can be configured at a more granular
level.