[ale] A reliable/secure openid provider?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 10:41:40 EDT 2007

All,

I just got exposed to openid over the weekend.

If what I saw was accurate, it is the coming thing in creating a
easier way to manage login/password info for the web.

Anybody using it yet?  Any security types, saying absolutely not.
You'd be stupid to do that?

( If you have an hour:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2288395847791059857 )

Anyway, I want to setup an openid account somewhere and start to
experiment.  Any recommendations?

FYI: If I like it I will likely setup a openid proxy that forwards to
whatever backend I choose.  That way, I can have a long term id, but
have the flexibility to change id providers if they have issues.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group