[ale] A "high quality" domain name registration?

Jay Finch horus at larp.com
Thu Jul 12 17:16:45 EDT 2007

Hi Allan -

Speaking as someone who has been using GoDaddy for
about 7 years now, I can say that compared to Verisign (formerly Network
Solutions) or any of the other "premium" TLD Registrars, they've
been comparable if not better.

I've got about 30 domains
registered through GoDaddy, and not a single complaint.? (Mind?
you, I've *only* used them as a TLD Registrar, and not a Hosting Provider,
so I can't speak to that.)

Honestly -- In my experience so long
as the TLD registrar is reputable & isn't going to go out of business
or sell your name to a mailing list, cheap is not bad.? (Heck, I
think it's a BIT of a racket, but that's a story for another day...)

So to answer - Yes, GoDaddy is fine.? Paying more for TLD
Registration is silly, IMNSHO.

Cheers!
Jay

Hi everyone,

> godaddy.com presents a cluttered site,
lots of adds, and provides
> domain name registrations for 8.95 a
year.

> By contrast, register.com and
networksolutions.com seem to be more
> "professional",
but the same domain name registration costs $35 a year.

> What am I missing?  If I use godaddy.com, will I regret it later?
Do