[ale] proftpd, allow any anonymous userid

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:47:54 EDT 2007

I don't think that is going to happen. Since the server can accept
logins from Anonymous and "real users" with the same configuration, I
think it will require a specific id, or group, for Anonymous.

It MIGHT be possible to use
http://proftpd.org/docs/directives/linked/config_ref_UserAlias.html to
setup a line like "UserAlias * ftp". But I highly doubt it.

The place to ask, instead of searching all over the web in vain, is
#proftpd on irc.freenode.net. When I was running a proftpd server, and
had questions, that is where I turned. More often than not, Castaglia
(http://www.castaglia.org/proftpd/) would give me just the answer I
was looking for. He would definitely have the answer to your question.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59