[ale] Promise support?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 11:32:29 EDT 2007

Robert,

No first hand exp., but the Promise Driver has been advancing rapidly
since Dec. 06

I would avoid 2.6.19 and earlier for sure.  (not sure what Etch is using.)

After that, probably the newer the better.  2.6.22 just came out a
little while ago.

Also, I would ignore the RAID (fake-raid) capability of the card and
just use software raid unless you have a specific reason to try it.

Greg

On 7/12/07, Robert L. Harris <Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net> wrote:

>   Anyone know how well the "Promise FastTrack TX4310 4-Port SATAII PCI RAID
> Controller" is supported?  I've seen Promise in the kernel, but has anyone
> used this card and know how well it performs?  (Debian Etch for those
> curious).
>
> Robert
>

> :wq!
> Robert L. Harris                     | GPG Key ID: E344DA3B
>                                          @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> DISCLAIMER:
>       These are MY OPINIONS             With Dreams To Be A King,
>        ALONE.  I speak for              First One Should Be A Man
>        no-one else.                       - Manowar

Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century